Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pure Bliss Desserts' New Digs!



I just recently passed my 2nd anniversary of Pure Bliss Desserts. It has been quite the journey…feeling like I have been baking as a business owner much longer than I actually have. When I look back to the beginning months, I never imagined the tremendous learning curve that comes with owning a business. How do I market myself? How do I keep track of customers and orders and money? What do I say at a meeting with a potential client? What makes me different/special/unique in the dessert world? Being a Psychology major with minimal business exposure (I took Econ 206 in college and that’s it) I learned quickly to tap into resources to help me get on the right path. As time passed…more questions came, but thanks to the good Lord’s guidance and amazing advisors, more answers came, helping through the bumpy road of decision making.
My most recent HUGE answer to prayer is landing my very own kitchen!!! No more sharing with other caterers. No more calling ahead to reserve the space. No more toting my ingredients back and forth. Pure Bliss has settled herself in a cozy kitchen downtown and loving it!


As a general update:
~Cake of the month continues to offer Bellinghamsters an amazing deal on REALLY GOOD cake. ~Keep your eyes peeled for April’s featured cake coming soon!
~Creative Cookies are distributed to coffee stands across Whatcom and Skagit County


A few local hot spots are now featuring Pure Bliss Desserts:
~Honey Moon Tasting Room has Pure Bliss Cake and Tartlets
~Banditos Burritos has various Pure Bliss Cookies
~The Anker Café has a nice spread of Pure Bliss options…from dessert wedges, to cookies to muffins and scones to accommodate their new opening time: 7am.

Yes I do love what I am doing and thank God each day for the challenges and joy comes.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

what an amazing space! I'm so excited for you Andi!

Brian Bowker said...

I just saw this today! (I poked my head in beyond the sign that said something like, "Only Employees may poke there head in beyond this sign".)