Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wigs for everyone!

My mom is a very sassy woman.

NOT via tongue or attitude. VIA style.

Just a to give you a clear example: On her 55th birthday she asked me if I would accompany her to get her nose pierced. I accepted. She has had a sparkly nose ever since and Rocks it well!

During my last trip to Steilacoom, I was sitting on my mom's bed catching up on our last few weeks of life. She casually mentioned wearing a new wig for a little dinner gathering she threw for her sisters. "A Wig???!! Where is it? Can I try it on?" I shouted immediately. 30 seconds later, it was on my head and I was tickled pink. Talk about a girl's dream for instantly long hair. It was long, slightly curled, with awesome highlights. I showed Nick and he was not impressed to say the least (he's a bit too natural for synthetic hair). Mom and I laughed and laughed, and then she busted out ANOTHER ONE! This one was much shorter...more fitting for her current style. Then my sister arrived and we had some fun.
Nick said that we fast-forwarded time by 20 years...two sisters...hanging in the kitchen...with their very different "Mom" hair cuts. Ha!

As a side-note...Ami and Charlotte got some good bonding time. You know how Charlotte likes to cuddle...but this was ridiculous. Ami carried Charlotte around in a hugging position for a good 20 minutes and our bear was in heaven. I guess they both needed a little extra love that day.

2 comments:

Brian Bowker said...

Wow! You look just like someone famous - I can't think of whom, but you look JUST like them!

Unknown said...

Andi! These were the wigs you were telling Lael and I about - so funny:) Look forward to reading a little bit more on your blog...it's been so sweet to have met you and Nick.