Friday, August 21, 2009

Work, work, work

Work has obviously been keeping me busy these last several weeks. Both Pure Bliss Desserts and Steven Moore Designs have hit their peak season. Just about each weekend has been consumed with either a wedding to coordinate, a dessert bar/cake to bake or both. The end of July brought my craziest times with 3 dessert bars and a wedding to run all in the same weekend. It was busy, but way less stressful than what I was expecting. Organization is key! Pre-planning is a MUST! Asking for help and not over committing my social calendar helped too.

A few shots from that weekend (Thanks Taylor and Clinton!):

500 cupcakes to eat:

The cake to cut:

The Garden Wedding:

The Lavish Pink Wedding (Life is about learning as you go. My lesson: Cream cheese frosting isn't stable enough to hold fondant. That's locked in the memory bank).


Ami came up to assist that weekend. It was so much fun to spend some bonus time with my sister and niece.

We laughed:

We cried:

We snuggled:

We bathed:
I got peed on (if you look closely, you will see my pee soaked shirt)!
The summer is winding down for me in the coordinating business. Two weddings to go and then I will retire from Steven Moore Designs. I have truly enjoyed working for the oh-so-talented Steve, as well as learning more about weddings than I ever though I would. But alas, it is time to move on. My goal will be to focus on growing Pure Bliss Desserts and enhancing the opportunities to treat the people of Bellingham wirh delectable and amazing desserts! I will also continue to develop recipes and help produce goods for Chuckanut Bay Foods a few times a week. Still a full plate, but when you are as passionate about baking as I am, it rarely feels like work.

1 comment:

Brian Bowker said...

Pee Soaked Shirt = BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That made my day!

(It will be funny until it happens to me)