Friday, August 21, 2009

A Homier Home

I know I blogged about this last summer, but each year I am taken aback by how cool gardens are. We plant tiny seedlings in dirt and before you know it...it's Jungle out there!!!!

Since we had so much success with tomatoes last year, we went all out and planted 5 different varieties again this year. They have dominated the majority of the garden...enough to inspire Nick to increase our overall garden 200% for summer of 2010. The raspberry plants, that I though I killed last year, have taken off and are producing enough berries for a decent size snack each day. The lemon cucumbers were an experiment and are deeming fruitful. As are the chives, basil, mint, sage, oregano, and thyme. Our spicy peppers are trying their best, but the brussel sprouts never stood a chance. Dang the slugs!

Last night I was inspired to have a Garden Dinner: Basil pesto spaghetti with cherry tomatoes and pan fried tilapia and herbed-buttermilk salad. Yummmo! I love heading out to the garden to grab something and then eating it that night. It's the 20 foot diet, if you will.

I also recently became absolutely disgusted by our home office. It was cluttered, unorganized, inefficient and not the ideal working environment for a girl who thrives off of tidiness, some style and functional. So...I took an entire day and upgraded the overall look. Moved a few things around, tossed a lot of stuff, purchased a few key organizational items and Vua-La!!!


A place that excites me to work and dwell.

No comments: