Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOW!!!


Bellingham is swimming in snow, snow and more snow. I still can't believe that we have gotten this much:
Saturday: 3-4 inches
Wednesday: 5 inches
Thursday: currently snowing, therefore, more inches
When I heard "Winter Storm Blast" on the news, I said to myself: Yeah right. But low and behold...here it is and it isn't going anyware, anytime soon!

I have always loved the snow. I prayed and prayed for it to snow each winter when I was younger. I even thought singing: "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas..." would prompt those beautiful white flakes to fall from the sky. Needless to say, my hopes were annually crushed...living in a town directly on the Puget sound coast didn't allow much snow. But this year, it has blown past that barrier and now we are basking in white fluff everywhere. Piling up on the fence posts, clinging to thin tree branches and covering the streets thick.


Sunday's sunny shot.



Nick and I have ventured out on many walks with Charlotte and quickly discovered that she, in deed, is a snow-loving dog. Being a natural burrower, plus a pup with tons of energy, she frolicks to and fro with great pleasure. Charging up hills, cramming her face in the walls of snow, spinning around quickly to run back to us to say hi...then heads off to do it all over again. It is really quite refreshing to watch her excitement. I brings back all those childhood memories of me hanging out with my cousins and spending hours sledding, snow mobiling, fort building, snow man building and slushy making. For some reason when you are a kid, you just don't feel the cold. It interests me to know why the novelty of it wears off as we age. Yes, I do love to do a snow angle here and there, and sled on little hills, but the overall gut-wrenching excitement has definitely simmered down significantly. Now a' days, I enjoy keeping the blinds open at night to watch the sky glow and drink hot cocoa and snuggle with my man in our warm home.

Today I will go on a walk with Charlotte...perhaps my inner-child will come out for a little snow frolicking myself. She's always excited to head out there!

2 comments:

akpace said...

Charlotte looks like an awesome doggy. Love the blog and thanks for the Christmas card. I agree, snow is great.

Matt said...

Would you look at the.... someone painted your yard and everything white....
What's this thing called "snow"??