Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall is Here

I was reflecting about my blog today and found myself a bit frustrated with it. I seem to fail in the "blogging often" category. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if any one even read this anymore because my blogs are so few and far between. I figure this is OK considering in a few years, it will be nice to look back and see where I was (sometimes it is so easy to forget) and where I am (sometimes so hard to imagine).
I admire my consistent blogging friends...like my dear friend Anne Marie who is traveling through Italy right now and posts every day, if not multiple times a day to write in great detail about the adventures she has taken part of. Or my incredibly creative and amazing photographer friend Shannon, who posts often the most beautiful pictures of her kids, nature and so easily blogs about the perks of life (like kids cocoa at Starbucks). I doubt I will ever be an everyday, creative photo posting blogger...but as I tell myself so many times throughout the day about many things..."compare and dispair Andi...compare and dispair."
On a different note....I have been enjoying the beautiful Autumn weather. Fall has always been my favorite season. All the color changes, the crunchy leaves that are so fun to stomp on and the crispness in the air. I often look out our front windows in our living room and see the leaves from the neighbors yard dance their way from the branch to the ground. It really is quite a sight. I also love to add a few Autumn accents to the house.

I wouldn't call myself a seasonal decorator, but I just so happen to have a lot of brown, red and orange stuff. Chalk it up to buying my condo a few years ago in Kirkland in the fall and needing to turn an empty place into a decorated home. It didn't even dawn on me until the following January that most of the stuff I bought were fall colors, because that was what was available in the stores. Ah well...I don't mind...it just gets me even more excited when this time of the year comes so I can switch it up a bit.


Today I am particularly cheery because I my work-space is bright and warm. Our house is a comfortable 69 degrees without the furnace running (thanks to a passive solar home design).
My "office"


It's the little things in life that makes the difference. Speaking of which...make sure you vote! I sent my ballot out today!

4 comments:

The Norris Clan said...

So beautiful... I love Fall! Your house is so warm and cozy. How lucky to have it as your office :-)

Anne Marie said...

Oh my dear - of course we are all still reading your blog; even if you are few and far between! It's a joy to know what is going on in the world of Andi when you choose to share it, and that's all that matters. Compare and despair is absolutely right my friend. Just continue doing a great job being you and you'll be posting just the right amount!

Shannon said...

I am an avid reader still. I have this handy gadget that tells me when people update their blogs- so I always know and love reading when I see your blog pop up. Your words are so kind Andi- I really have loved this new hobby and learning more about photography has been fun.

On another note, I love the new decorations. It's funny I think I must have chosen my decor in fall too as I look around and see pumpkins and such fitting in quite nicely with my colors. Hope you're well and nice job on the house!

Brian Bowker said...

Don't worry about blogging infrequently - I'd rather read the few blogs about really interesting, out of the ordinary stuff, or profound insights, then blog posts that just fill up a page with words for the sake of posting!

Besides, I too use a Feed Reader that tells me when new posts are up, so I don't have to worry about missing one!

Also, you're house is like the most stylish and cozy house I know!