Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Steilacoom - Where Busy and Relaxing are the same thing


Life has been busy lately. From soccer games, welding classes, couples group, bible study, meetings with clients, recreating, entertaining guests, visiting friends, baking for events, household tasks, oh yeah, and spending time together..Nick and I have seemed to settle into a hectically wonderful Fall schedule. Last weekend we decided to head South for some R&R at the Lopez residence. I don't know what it is but something about my parent's house in Steilacoom brings me so much peace. Perhaps it is the absence of chores (although I do find myself sweeping or doing laundry once in a while) or needing to do anything on a set schedule. Either way, I warmly welcome the soothing it does for my soul.
Thanks to my mom's tremendous ability to keep our bellies full, we were energized for the weekend's festivities which included: A trip to Spooners Farm in Orting for a pumpkin hunting extravaganza, a walk around Chambers Bay Golf Course, a trip to Omas for a night of potato pancakes and good laughs. Church on Sunday at FourSquare in Puyallup, the mandatory, yet voluntary jog with Ami, baking in my parent's fantastic kitchen with a view of the Puget Sound...so on and so on. The Lopez clan doesn't get very much relaxing in...just a lot of precious memories during our scheduled events. However, this time around, I must admit that my favorite part of the weekend was watching TV with my sister at midnight. Since Nick and I don't have cable, indulging in "So you want to be the next Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader" was rather fun. There is nothing better than laughing at the ridiculousness of all the reality shows. Makes me look forward to the next trip home.
In the mean time we will keep up our busy schedules ourselves.
A recent trip to Bainbridge Island to visit friends Pete and Joy...check out the solar panels on the roof...stores enough energy to run a house and a farm.

My latest visit with Kristen and her baby Annabelle...Belle just turned 1!

The cakes I baked for the Young Life auction...Raspberry Layer Cake and Coconut Cake...YUM!

Ami and mom posing for a shot as they pick out the perfect fall decor.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Fun stuff! That is a great shot of the whole family at Spooner Farms. I love that you went on a mandatory/voluntary jog with Ami. Haha! How exactly do you reconcile those two? ;) Can't wait to hang out with you again. Sometime soon we should get together with the husbands involved too!
Love,
Kristen