Friday, April 17, 2009

Charlotte - Andi - Mower train

Today's weather has been a mixed bag. Woke up to rain. Then it eased up and was darkly overcast. Then dumped like it has never dumped before. Now it is sunny and seasonably warm. Crazy, but I warmly welcome the variety if it ends up being sunny.

Due to the recent break of bad weather, I decided to ditch the car-dependency for an afternoon and run and errand via foot. Charlotte joined me, as she is very much an outdoorsy dog. My errand you ask: Pick up our push lawn mower from being serviced. We've had that sucker for a year, and just recently decided to take it in to be aligned and sharpened. Hopefully that will make the task of lawn mowing just a wee bit easier. Today it's repairs were complete. I humbly "pulled up" (as instructed) in the back with my dog, poop bag and sunglasses, to collect my mower, then begin my journey home. It was quite the scene: Charlotte pulling Andi, Andi pulling lawn mower. Luckily, there are about 100 ways to get home from the shop, so I picked the road least traveled. I didn't get any honks or people laughing hysterically and pointing...but I did get a few smiles from passer buyers, as well as a good laugh myself.

3 comments:

Matt said...

I can see you doing that and I wish you would have taken a few picts of it!! If I only had a lawn....... I would use the push mower also!

Brian Bowker said...

You need to fashion a harness for Charlotte that goes directly to the mower so you can cut out the middle-man.

Jen Jones said...

Oh Pez... Good to hear that things haven't changed too much. Nice work.